Search Engine Land wrote a great article on Reputation Management for small business owners. Managing your online reputation and reviews is becoming one of the most important aspects of Internet Marketing. Even if someone can not find your website, your company’s online reviews can still refer a good deal of business to you if they are managed efficiently.
Below are 12 points that Search Engine Land came up with and believe are the most import factors regarding Reputation Management, to read the full article, Online Reputation Management Article.
1. Google can’t take your reputation away from you.
2. Lots of positive reviews = more clicks than your competitors.
3. Having no reviews can be as harmful as having bad ones.
4. A good review should be more than just an end-goal.
5. Not enough businesses actually read their own reviews.
6. A good review strategy is an ongoing process.
7. Make your review strategy part of your company culture.
8. Ask for reviews 1, 2, 3 times — don’t worry about being pushy.
9. Incentivizing customers to review? Do. Not. Do. It.
10. The best way to suppress bad reviews is to be proactive.
11. Niche review sites are huge!
12. Facebook fast becoming a force in online reviews.
At Mastrotek we manage and develop your online reputation and actively monitor your company’s online reviews from over 100 different major and local directories. Contact us today for a complete internet marketing analysis of your website and reputation.